What a wonderful, uplifting start to the new year! It was such a surprise to be nominated by Khelzz of Daily Life’s Journey for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much. It has certainly given me a boost to write more often and pick up my blogging momentum this year. (New year resolution!) It’s also a timely reminder how blessed I am to once again receive the kindness of people around the blogosphere.
The Liebster Award is an award given by a blogger to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers, with an aim to help others discover and spot new bloggers.
The rules are simple:
Acknowledge the blog that nominated you.
Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
Nominate 11 other bloggers.
Ask them 11 questions.
Let them know you have nominated them.
These are my answers to Khelzz’s questions:
1. What inspires you to write a blog?
I started writing to explore where this medium could take me. And the huge colourful variety of life, experiences and my own thoughts get me writing my blog.
2. Does your mood affect your writing?
Yes, in a way. I avoid writing when I’m feeling negative or down, or lazy! 🙂
3. How often do you travel?
A few times a year. I love travelling. The world is so huge, there’s so much to see, and it’s one of life’s best teachers.
4. What is photography to you?
Self-expression and capturing important moments in my life. Something I’m not very good at (but I’m working on it!).
5. What do you do when you feel down and troubled?
I get very solutions oriented and seek a solution quickly. I don’t like having a problem dangling over my head long. I’d rather spend my time happy.
6. When was the recent fulfilling moment in your life?
When my daughter finished her IB and did very well for herself.
7. How much do you love your family?
8. Who is your greatest inspiration in life?
My parents and my grandfather.
9. What hobby do you like most and why?
Writing. It lets me explore my world and my thoughts.
10. What does “true friendship” mean to you?
To be able to mutually respect and accept each other, to be each other’s support and encouragement and be there when needed.
11. How do you handle different personalities of people around you?
I try not to judge people. That helps me a great deal.
In turn, I am nominating these fabulous blogs for the Liebster Award!!
(I hope you would visit and follow them like me, as they are really lovely sites to see.)
1. Utterly Origami
2. Max Mallie’s Blog
3. Cuckoo Zhiyou’s Blog
4. Mrs N’s Ordinary Life
5. The Way of the Eating
6. Luna Wandering
7. Sautéed and Baked
8. Bule Kitchen
9. The Food Files
11. Seeking the Good Life
These are my 11 questions. Hope you have fun answering them and passing on the goodwill.
1. What is your blog about in one sentence?
2. How would you describe your personality?
3. If you could freeze one moment in time to relive again, what would that be?
4. What is your favourite childhood memory?
5. Favourite place in the world that you’ve visited?
6. If you could teach your young self one important life lesson, what would it be?
7. Can you share one goal you have set yourself for 2018?
8. What book did you read recently that is worth recommending?
9. If a visitor came to your neighbourhood, which restaurant would you recommend they eat at and why?
10. What is your favourite snack?
11. Please share one item on your bucket list (it could be something you want to do or a place you want to see) and why you want to do/see that.